Evolution.Net is a complete framework for enterprise app development using DotNet. It will be made from various modules useful in the complicated job of building and maintaining systems. It’s main module is Evolution.Net MVP, based on the MVP (Model-View-Presenter) pattern.
Evolution.Net MVP – The Model-View-Presenter pattern
Why MVP? MVP is an variation of the well known MVC (Model-View-Controller) pattern, with a more decentralized aspect, been applicable to technologies that implement event treatment, like desktop apps and, more recently, with the introduction of ASP.Net, based on the “web like desktop” programming model.
The motivation to create the project, in 2006, was the inability to find a basic framework implementing the MVP pattern, like well known MVC projects such as Jakarta Struts (for Java), or Maverick.Net and Castle MonoRail (for DotNet). So, Evolution.Net is one of the first open source framework for DotNet using the MVP pattern, in order to provide base for a simpler and quicker enterprise development using the DotNet platform. In that way, the project use, incorporate and extends various other free and open source libraries/frameworks, like Castle Project, in special ActiveRecord, NHibernate, log4net, NAnt, among many others, always with the purpose to ease the work of developers during the development and, specially, during maintenance, a stage that tends to be slow and painful.
- Complete .Net 2.0/3.5 framework
- Can create Windows apps (WinForms, WPF)
- Can create Web sites/apps (ASP.Net, AJAX)
- Made to ease Enterprise Application development
- Can be used on test driven development (TDD)
- Based on the MVP (Model-View-Presenter) pattern
- Make N-Tier architecture easy
- Open source on LGPL license
- Database independence using ORM
- Built over Castle ActiveRecord and NHibernate
- Automatic manipulation of data
- Data validation
- Automatic transaction management